Sunday, June 10, 2012

fantasy tournament results and the aftermath

So I went to a fantasy tournament this past Saturday. It was a blast . The most fun I have had in a long time. Games were 3 hours long and I had traveled 2 hours to get there. dice drop at noon so I didn't have to much rest, especially since I had a trip the day before and got back at about 10-11 pm. I got to meet a some nice people. It was a total of 7 people and 3 of us were out of towners. They made it to were we wouldn't play any of the out of towners (it was bob, his friend john, and myself).  They were on a whole different level then us. It was fun, but we didn't have lists the were suited to 8th edition.  My list was as follows.


Lord

Heinrich Kemmler

Hero

Necromancer-level 2, Rod of flamming death

Banshee

Banshee

Core

45 zombies-standard

45 zombies-standard

45 zombies-standard

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

Special

10 hex wraiths- hell wraith

rare

black coach

6 cairn wraiths


My list survived based on the enemy not having enough magic. One opponent did and that is the guy I lost too. It was nasty. Here is a breakdown of my tournament experience.

First game-Goblins and Madness!!

The list

Lord

Goblin war boss- fencer blades

night goblin great shaman- magic mushrooms

heros

goblin big boss- battle standard great weapons

goblin shaman-dispel scroll

core

 49 night goblins- spears, shields, nets, fantatics, full command

49 night goblins-bows arrows full command

48 goblins-spears, shields, full command

5 spider riders

5 spider riders

special

7 trolls

7 squig herders

snotling pump wagon

wolf chariot

2 spear chukka

stone throwa

The game was the book mission blood and glory. break point was two and I had fortitude of 5 and he had 6. Ethereals end up wrecking people.  The only magic weapon was the fencer blade. This game showed me that ethereal had to simply beat static combat res. It didn't happen sometimes and it hurt everytime. The game went well for me. all my spells went off. Note that I miscast 4 times and he miscast twice. Incredible amount of magic chaos. around turn 4 I run his squad of spear goblins off the board. I win because turn 6, I kill his general, bsb, and the unit with a curse of years worked its way down to a 2, dropping his fort by 4 in a single go.

Game two-Knightly fury!


Lord

General of the empire- griffon, roar, full plate, shield, white cloac of ulric, sword of might

hero

luthor huss

captain- full plate, shiled, barder warhorse, shielding blade, 5+ ward save

battle wzard-level 2 , dispell scroll

core

knightly orderx10-full command

knightly orderx10-full command

Inner circle knightly orderx10-full command, wailing banner

3 demigryph knights

5 pistoliers

5 outriders


This game was a strange one. It was Battle line. Instead of fighting on a board of 6x4, we play in a lane that is 3x4. Everything gets clogged and his lack of weapons result in ethereal having to get wrecked from slow combat res. That and my spells and shooting attacks cause no armor saves. It was nasty.  My genereal died, but the only thing left for him was the general of the empire, two zombie squads, 2 banshee, and a single wraith making me the winner with 300 points.

Game 3- Skinks! the final frontier

 Lord

Slann- focus of mystery, focus of rumination, cupped hands

hero

skink priest-dispel scroll

core

13 skink skirmishers

13 skink skirmishers

30 skink skirmishers/kroxigorsx3

special

5 chameleon skinks

5 chameleon skinks

5 chameleon skinks

rare

3 salamanders

3 salamanders

The game was nasty. Watch tower got turned into King of the hill, most models on the hill wins. My magic failed horribly, his magic wrecked my ethereal by killing the whole wraith units, half the hexwraiths, and it just sucked. I couldn't hurt much. It was bad. Worse first turn in all the games of warhammer I have ever played. I lose turn 6 when he knocks my squad off the hill. Game ends and is really close.

So the results of my after math are a bit of a list rewrite. I need to have a more balanced version of the list , yet more fun for all parties. This is my new list. Should be fun.

Lord

Kemmler

Hero

Banshee

Banshee

Necromancer level 2 dispel scroll

Core

45 zombies standard

45 zombies standard

45 zombies standard

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

Special

5 hexwraiths

5 hexwraiths

5 hexwraiths

Rare

Vargulf

Vargulf

My prize for third is a box of ogre bulls who become vargulfs. Here are the pictures.
Igor the butcher (Not good pictures)


Mule (Not good pictures)
 This goes with the army that is the corpse army of van hals. I want to keep with theme, so my vargulfs have to be massive chunks of flesh, Its awesome for me. Tell me what you guys think

No comments:

Post a Comment