Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tatics:The Necron Shuffle

 
Look what I found
Enough of the pirates. 

    Today, I wanted to talk about the tactic I have used to great success in my last two tournaments. 

 The Necron Shuffle

       Its a tactic from the Old Necron codex. The shuffle is simple. You spread half your army  across your deployment zone. In picthed battle, you deploy on the half your force on the left and half on the right. If you get dawn of war, you move on half your force in the same manner. If you get spear head, your first turn, you spread out with on side on left deployment, with the other half on the far right.
This  works because of my 1500 pt army composition. Splits perfectly down the middle , the army splits into the command barge, the ghost ark warrior squad, and a doomsday ark.

HQ

Overlord-phase shifter, semp weave, war scythe, mind shackle scarabs
command barge-guass cannon

Overlord-phase shifter, semp weave, war scythe, mind shackle scarabs
command barge-guass cannon

Royal court one
harbinger of destruction-solar pulse
harbinger of destruction-gaze of flame


Royal court two
harbinger of destruction-solar pulse
harbinger of destruction-gaze of flame

Troops

8 warriors-ghost ark

8 warriors-ghost ark

heavy

Doomsday arks

Doomsday arks


   The overall tactic of the shuffle is to shift everything to take on half the force. You tar pit with the lords, demobilize, and shuffle to the side. My Old necrons did this with the monoliths teleporting and half my resrves of warriors from one side to the other. This results in one side being overloaded while the other side is left alone. It is simple and works really well. How you shuffle with New Necrons, you Flat out the command barge to where you need it. its a fast vehicle , so you can get a good distance with it. From there, one ghost arks moves either 12 inches into solitary to either bait your enemy or run them towards an objective, or 12 towards the other side to reinforce the others. The doomsday arks are bait and switch. They are there to either sit on the far side of the board and do shoot large templates of hot death until they are destroyed. Few people have the range to reach them. 72 inch range means that I can place one in the bottom left board edge to the far right corner.  The main idea is for everything to be on one side and leave your opponents half army on the other side. Because of the solar pulses, you have two rounds in which you are almost safe from enemy fire. you gotta demech so you can isolate and kill peoples armies.

   For lack of a better analogy, think of it like this. Its the time warp. Look below.  

Bad picture is bad I know.


Its mostly a jump to the left. Maybe a step to the right to convince them you are more spread out, put your hands on your hips to make sure you are committed to your plan and the rest is just execution.

        I have used this in all the tournament games I have played in morristown. The first dark eldar game I shuffled to the left. I shifted right in my game against sisters of battle. The other necron player I played at the end of the first tournament got shuffled to the right even though he didn't pay any attention to it. The game against Bullet Sponge, I shifted right even with all of his force was on the right. The following game with orks saw my force shift to the right. Literally every game in this tournament saw me using the same tactic and no one has caught on yet. I need a new strategy. Something worthy of a bunch of pirates and broadsides...

Happy gaming everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment