Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Caution: My stupid idea of a lifetime

Caution: My stupid idea of a lifetime

Its been a week since I last posted. I didn't get to go to the tournament and I may not get to go to apocalypse. We have two video battel reports to bring to you later today. As a quick little blurb, today, I want to discuss a nerd trend. The argument of pirates versus ninjas. I never cared for this argument. It never seemed to matter to me and because of this, I was never included in any of them. Unfortunately, it seems that warhammer 40k has included me in pirates vs ninja. It has come in the form of Necron and Tau.
yarrr....
Necrons: The new book has turned out rather pirate like in my eyes. Slow, ponderous vehicles flying around broadsiding people, concealing their actions under night, generally playing dirty, and devastating opponents with cannon fire. Also, for some reason, ever time I say a pirate expression, something silly and fun happens. They are a lot of fun and the book is awesome. Especially since I want to theme my army off the Necron Mad Pirate king. The list remains the same. You just can't keep a good robot down

HQ

Overlord-phase shifter, semp weave, war scythe, mind shackle scarabs
command barge-guass cannon

Overlord-phase shifter, semp weave, war scythe, mind shackle scarabs
command barge-guass cannon

Royal court one
harbinger of destruction-solar pulse
harbinger of destruction-gaze of flame


Royal court two
harbinger of destruction-solar pulse
harbinger of destruction-gaze of flame

Troops

8 warriors-ghost ark

8 warriors-ghost ark

heavy

Doomsday arks

Doomsday arks


Broadsides, cannons, Night fight, and overlords with dirty tricks. Even manged to get grenades in the list (although they have never done anything). It is kind of fluffy without ever meaning to be.




Ninja Tau
Tau Empire: I am pulling out my old tau. I have 7 crisis suits, 6 stealth suits, 30 fire warriors, 2 devil fish, 2 hammer heads, and 2 broadsides. I have only ever heard people nickname them ninja tau as they are just jumping all over the place, shooting, and then jumping to safety. I may be running a mildly fluffy list Friday. When I first got them, they were fun, but just not my cup of tea. I have the entire army, so I will try it a few more times and see how it goes. 

HQ

Shas'el with plasma rifle, missile pod,multi-tracker

Elite


6 Stealth suits-Target arrays

3 fire knife crisis suits

3 fire knife crisis suits

Troops

6 fire warriors-devil fish , disruption pods

6 fire warriors- devil fish, disruption pods

Heavy

2 broadsides-Target array, HW drone control, 2 shield drones

Hammerhead -rail gun , disruption pods

Hammerhead -rail gun , disruption pods

Tons of fire and killing action on the fly. Also, tons of vehicles cover saves since the local tournament doesn't have any terrain that will give a skimming vehicle a cover save. Has potential, but so far, hasn't been played. Pictures of the list will come later. also, 7  relentless plasma guns and 7 autocannons a turn will put the hurt on anyone.

Ok, I admit that the whole pirates versus ninjas thing was a stupid segue, but I needed a way to unveil my tau and all I ever hear is ninja tau. Also, I love doing pirate stuff with the necrons. It was a terrible idea, I know.


6 comments:

  1. I am now unable to unthink pirate Necrons.

    Curse your hide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your necrons were supposed to be a bunch of clowns?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just add pirates to the end. I wanna green stuffs more hats. Tricords for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mad idea, i have one necron overlord in pirate costume pretending to be jack sparrow in space, maybe i should paint him up some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My very first greenstuff adventure was a tricord hat for my regular lord. I want to make more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pirate Necrons!!

    http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15744538/images/1311949888057.jpg

    ReplyDelete