Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Its here! Its Apocaylpse time

She is here! I pick up my third monolith tomorrow. As is evident by the picture below.
Its here!
On a related note, Easter weekend is an apocalypse game. This is the list I plan to run

HQ
Overlord semp weave (2+), phase shifter (3++), war scythe(S7 power weapon) , mind shackle scarabs, command barge

Overlord semp weave (2+), phase shifter (3++), war scythe(S7 power weapon) , mind shackle scarabs, command barge

Overlord semp weave (2+), phase shifter (3++), war scythe(S7 power weapon) , mind shackle scarabs, command barge

Troops

9 warriors in ghost ark with Harbinger of Destruction with solar pulse

9 warriors in ghost ark with Harbinger of Destruction with solar pulse

9 warriors in ghost ark with Harbinger of Destruction with solar pulse

Heavy


doomsday ark

 doomsday ark

doomsday ark

Monolith

Monolith

 Monolith

Formations

Doomsday monolith.

Everything is range 72 and can really lay down the smack down. 3 solar pulses will protect my forces. What do you guys think?

6 comments:

  1. I would say pure & total cheese BUT, its an Apoc. game, so instead I guess that that sounds about right. (which kinda exemplifies why that version of 40k doesn't appeal to me.

    Why don't you wait till the next tourney to get the monolith? Would save you several gallons of gas & you'd still have it before Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am driving home this weekend. Its four hours past morristown. I literally have passed that exit every few months for the past four years every time I go home. Concert back home with the girlfriend. I gotta get started on putting it together. It is not that cheesy. Even the 1500 point version isn't cheesy. Of all the necron lists I run/have made, that one is probably the tamest list so far. Even the twin solar pulses aren't cheesy when I almost was tabled without them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm endeavoring to table you with them actually...besides, what qualifies as 'cheese' is entirely subjective.

      Ya know every army gets tabled sooner or later, I damned near tabled some BA last night, and have gotten tabled more times than I can count myself. Its just part of the game, not a fun part, but a part never the less.

      Anyways. have a safe trip.

      Delete
  3. Thank you. Also, The game against you and mika , yall nearly tabled me. Also, the next day at the tournament, if they game has gone to seven, I probably was gonna get tabled. I really want to find a way for Necrons to not be tedious, but they just keep coming out that way.

    Speaking of tabling, you reminded me of everytime I ever played Patrick with my orks. I was tabled at least 30 consecutive games by his BT. Made me a better player for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With as many assault cannons as his BTs had, it was kinda hard not to get tabled...damned things were everywhere!

      Delete
    2. the assault cannons didn't bother me to much. He beat me pretty badly with shooting. Then he would assault and clean house.

      Delete