Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dreading the Future

At first I was going to leave off my Greenstuff article for late this coming week, but I was divinely inspired while working on my Drop Pod and couldn't wait.

I sat there staring blankly at the Dreadnought that would be using my new Drop Pod as a transport and despising the rectangular front. It just doesn't have any character and it's so, so... Angular. I grabbed some of the strips of Plasticard laying around my makeshift cutting mat and decided to make Gothic arches on my Dread. I'm more than a little surprised how well it turned out.

Whether I use it as Death Company or a Librarian, these are supposed to be the oldest and most honored of the Dreads. I didn't feel right using this one straight out of the box.

P.S: This is an AoBR Dread.

P.P.S: The loop on the top will be turned into an Iron Halo later.

P.P.P.S: The white stuff is where I glued the face but didn't like it.



My second decision was to make a death mask face for the Dread. This... Didn't turn out so well. It looked like a face, but something was just off about it. Also, it was huge compared to the Dread. I'm gonna take another crack at it some time, but I thought I'd show Da Masta Cheef that not everything I touch turns out great.

Still definitely a work in progress. I'm open to any criticism or suggestions. Since the AoBR Dread is smaller than the standard one, I'm gonna bulk it up with a extra layers of armour.




Closing Thought:
A person who has never made a mistake has never done anything.

1 comment: