Friday, January 27, 2012

I tabeled my first opponent.

As the title says, I tabled my First opponent today. I have never done so in 4 years of gaming. I really don't like the feeling. If it was anything other than a very close game, I would feel horrible. That being said, it was an amazingly close game.
 Man of the match goes to....
 The banshee (ctan shard)
I am swapping out grand illusion from gaze of death or lord of fire.
Claimed hundreds of points through Writhing World scape alone
ate 2 librarians, multimelta attack bike, 5 bikers, a priest, and 4 jump packers

I played my roommate Chad's blood rodeo(15 bikers, 2 bike librarians, 2 multimelta attack bikes. 2 ten man jumppack assault squads with priests and power fists, and a 5 man jump pack assault squad to grab objectives. The game went 7 turns and I wrecked his units with characters and ctan. I have never before tabled an opponent. I honestly hate the feeling.  It was a great close game, but my characters, ctan, and dangerous terrain claimed everything. Sang priests didn't matter because they got chunked into melee and died horribly.  Orikan went super and ate an entire squad in my turn, then my opponents. The barge overlord ate a squad alone. My saves were a little hot, but not bad. both characters died, but they each killed an entire troop choices, so I was happy with them.  Overall, it was a great game and amazingly close. Some of my points were really wasted. Both doomsday arks did NOTHING. Didn't broadside anyone. Didn't S9 pie plate of doom anyone. NOTHING. The best thing they did was have a squad drop next to it and kill it within range of the barge lord to kill them. They do one thing well. They dictate fire lanes amazingly well.They just dont work without support. Also, Full deep striking them dint give them much chance to work. It was a nightmare scenario. Orikans time snares did nothing, ctans grand illusion did nothing, the Doomsday arks did nothing, and the ghost arks didnt do much ;however, my ctan, characters, and crypteks were spectacular. To keep from losing a 3rd of his bikers, he let them stand still after having blasted them with a single tremor stave. No one died from the shot, but 3 bikers, a meltagun biker died while the multimelta attack bike was wounded and later died to another one. My dice were strange. I made tremor staff hits, but not a single Reanimation Protecals save.

Pretty much For those who think TLDR
 good
(killed 2 terminators, 10 marines, priest)
 better
(forced reserves first turn, killed 10 marines) 
best
 (killed 2 librarians, multimelta attack bike, 5 bikers, a priest, and 4 jump packers
on top of causing massive casualties from writhing worldscape)

With all good, there must be....not good -.-



 bad
(caused firelanes to be defined and force sacrifices to kill or get killed by them)
speed bump
(if a melta weapon type shot at them, they died. one chased a multimelta and fist sarge off the board)

In the end it was close and a lot of fun. This is going to be my tournament list for sure. Video battle report will be coming soon.

4 comments:

  1. Actually the title says you tabled your 'fist' opponent...

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHANGED! I fail at this whole English language thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it happens to all of us at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think it would be a friendly game with this list. It really surprised me. To make matters worse, it was the best list he has every brought I think.

    ReplyDelete