Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gaming friday!

Hello everyone. My roommate and I are playing a game friday. This is the first time since the new codex that I am using a full WYSIWYG.
WYSIWYG army
This usually wouldn't be so important, but I haven't always had the best reputation with What you see is what you get. I have even been the subject of blog posts about it. I once ran nob bikers. They were expensive, both pointwise and moneywise, and I only ran them three times. I couldn't run them after that cause they were just stupid. I am trying to repair ,what I feel, is a damaged reputation. I had a phase where I was a bit difficult to play. I would put objectives where you couldn't reach them, play for draws, and generally just mess with people. I really don't want to do anything like this anymore. I want to become someone fun to play with , yet challenging for anyone who wants to play.


On a side note, I have ghost arks 

See! they exist

I also just got my Dooooooom!(sday) arks. 
its not painted....

Also, my force contains a command barge for the lord from my very first post. It actually was quite fun to completely paint it. Here is a picture.
This barge. Its commandy.... kinda of

This force is a milestone for me because its the first completely assembled and painted force. I started necrons 3 years ago when I bought a solid gold set of necrons from eBay. Now I have a whole plethora of things to paint and put together. Its a lot of fun now a days to get everything ready. Its an aspect of the hobby that I have never really gotten into. I was a little kid when I got into warhammer and I really want to expand as a gamer. I no longer care only for the game aspect of warhammer. I want more and thats what motivates me as a gamer. See you guys next time.





And I forgot the whole reason for posting in the blog tonight. I am running my list from last post friday. I am playing with necrons and I will bring about an end to my roommate chad's Blood angels. Full battle report friday!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blog. I'm glad to hear (from Cheef) that you are taking up painting. I would offer a suggestion to your gold Necron army. Google dipping. I think a light dip in some black wash would bring out the recesses and details more. Just my thoughts though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bullet. Sorry I couldn't make it to the tournament sunday. It was my Girlfriend and I's six month. Any chance there will be a 1750 point+ tournament any time soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1,500 as far as I know for the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a list for it, but it isnt nearly as effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But it will be fun. When's the next one. (sorry brain farted that last part)

    ReplyDelete